Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Eggs Benny, Running Please.

I mentioned the humor of language barriers in my recent post. Sadly, there are times when the language barrier is not the cause of incorrect vocabulary usage. Sometimes, we don't need to add the letter 's' to a word to make it plural. Like bacons. It is also unfortunate, that as a result of thisincorrect pluralizing of words, we have humorously begun to intentionally add the letter 's' to words because it sounds funny. If you were a fly on the wall in my kitchen, you would probably hear the phrase, "Mmmmm, bacons!" at least once a day.

The story behind my cartoon for yesterday has to do with the wrong verb tense being used. A ticket came in for a Benedict, special prep: Running. I immediately commented on said ticket and Sarah Bell quickly came over to draw a running egg on the ticket. I added (quite cleverly) arm and wrist sweatbands. I have attempted to re-draw it here for yesterday's skipped/postponed/delayed/procrastinated cartoon. Are you happy now Deb? :)


I know it probably sounds like all we do is play all day. Sarah Bell has 5 sons, and she has mentioned some of our antics a time or two. They have also asked her if she does any actual work at work. She assures them that we do.

Our answer is that we work hard and we take brief moments to be silly and hilarious. Inspired by Liz Lemon, the character played by Tina Fey on 30 Rock, I started a "30 second dance party" tradition. Some days, we really need to just dance. I admit, our taste in dance music is not refined. But then again, it's dance music. Sometimes it's top 40 pop, sometimes it's R&B, sometimes it's oldies.

I apologize for the over-use of jazz hands, drawing people dancing is much more difficult than I had imagined, even bad ones.

1 comment:

  1. Yes. I'm happy now.

    P.S. Your dance party reminds me of Charlie brown.

    ReplyDelete